Touro University California College of Pharmacy
About Us / Information for prospective & incoming students
Pharmily @Touro Univ California College of Pharmacy
Welcome to Touro University College of Pharmacy - A message from Dean Matsumoto
Information for prospective & incoming students
To educate caring professionals to serve, to lead, to teach
Welcome to the College of Pharmacy at Touro University California where we make the vision of our university into a reality for our students.
The College of Pharmacy at Touro California is recognized for its innovative 2+2 PharmD program, where two years of foundational knowledge in the classroom are followed by two full years of clinical experience. Most pharmacy schools provide only one year of clinical experiences, which allows Touro students to have more clinical experience than their peers when they graduate.
The College of Pharmacy at Touro also has training programs for PharmD residents and fellows as well as a master's program in health sciences, with additional opportunities to earn a dual PharmD/MPH. All of these training opportunities enable our students to gain credentials that make them competitive for positions in a variety of employment settings.
The high quality of education that Touro California students receive is reflected in their many awards and accolades each year and the publications they generate working with faculty mentors.
We are also proud of the fact that students in the College of Pharmacy at Touro California serve in a number of important leadership positions at the state and national level. In addition, our students lead numerous initiatives in the communities we serve to promote health and wellness, including student-run free clinics, health screenings and more.
All of these achievements would not be possible without dedicated and supportive faculty and staff, who are themselves highly accomplished. We invite you to become part of the pharmacy family at Touro California and join us in celebrating the successes of our students!
Rae R. Matsumoto, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Pharmacy
FEBRUARY 1, 2018 ANNOUNCEMENT
Touro University California College of Pharmacy announces Scholarships & Awards for Incoming Students
(3 awards of $10,000)
(2 awards of $10,000)
New Face of Pharmacy Award
(3 awards of $5,000)
First Generation Scholar
(3 awards of $5,000)
(2 awards of $5,000)
Empowering Communities Award
(1 award of $5,000)
Walgreens Diversity Pipeline Award
(3 awards of $1,000)
To apply, send your application to Mr. Tony Williams (Anthony.email@example.com) who will forward it to the Scholarship Committee.
Link to other pharmacy scholarships
JANUARY 31, 2018 to JULY 2018
Monthly ZOOM webinars launch. Topics include: Faculty introductions, curriculum, financial aid, scholarships, social media connections
JUNE 5, 6-8:30pm. College of Pharmacy New Student Mixer. Location TBA. An opportunity to meet your fellow students, faculty & staff. Learn a bit more about your upcoming pharmacy learning experience.
AUG 1-3 - College of Pharmacy Orientation
AUG 6 - University Orientation
Connect to current students
(Fall 2017, to be updated)
Top Drugs (XLS) - Updated 5-April-2018
Recruiter & Outreach Specialist
Tel - (707) 373-4421
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Touro University California
Shelley Berkley, CEO & Senior Provost
Learn about your future school
TECHNOLOGY ON CAMPUS
Learn more about Touro University California College of Pharmacy (videos)
Student testimonials, March 2015
Directed by: Roger Tanioka (PharmD, Class of 2017). Edited by: I-Kuan Hsu (PharmD,
Class of 2017). Video footage courtesy: Kathy Nguyen (PharmD, Class of 2018). Music
by Michael Relaxdaily (https://soundcloud.com/relaxdaily)
Touro University California: Who's Gonna Escape to Seminar?
The Touro University California College of Pharmacy presents a mash-up of two songs highlighting the importance of medication adherence, MTM services, and being up to date with current pharmacy news. (Written by: Josephine Chi, Terry Pang, Punam Patel, Benjamin Yu)
Message from Dean Rae Matsumoto, November 2014
Script Your Future, 2014
Touro University California Health Fair: Prescription for Service Competition 2014
Published on July 8, 2014
SNPhA and Student Run Free Clinic hosted a free health fair in Vallejo on a warm and sunny Sunday afternoon providing blood pressure screenings, blood glucose testing, weight management, osteopathic manipulative medicine, and much more.
What does a pharmacist do?
Published on October 21, 2013
Directors: Steven Van, Victor Pham. Featuring: Dr. Keith Yoshizuka, Dr. Layla Yousify, Dr. Lucinda Chan, Adrian Wong, Dr. Eric Ip
- Opportunity to be a part of the Touro University College of Pharmacy's accredited PharmD Program.
- 2+2 curriculum provides an additional year of clerkships to produce a clinically mature graduate.
- Small class size creates strong personal relationships with professors and classmates.
- Each incoming class is organized into teams that work together on active learning projects.
- Unique Pharmacy Learning Center combines interactive and technologically advanced classroom and discussion spaces.
- Bay Area location provides easy access to San Francisco and other Bay Area cultural, sports and outdoor attractions.
- Close-by pharmacy practice experiences occur within a 45-mile radius of the campus.
- Integrated curriculum makes the connections between scientific knowledge and pharmacy practice.
- Extended 19-week semesters decompress the learning experience.
- Laptop program promotes the widespread use of the Internet and other computer-based educational resources.
Mission Statement -
- To benefit society through its programs in pharmacy education, research, scholarship, and service.
- To prepare our students to become competent, caring and ethical pharmacists dedicated to optimizing health care outcomes.
- To develop students and faculty to be leaders and provide them with the tools to practice effectively and be role models in a wide variety of professional settings.
- To promote life-long learning in a culture of collegiality, respect, and diversity.
- Touro University California – inspirational teaching and scholarship, transformative leadership, exemplary service.
- Produce pharmacists who possess the competencies necessary for the provision of pharmacist-delivered patient care, including medication therapy management services.
- Develop faculty, student, and alumni leaders who will accept responsibility for providing care, advance the practice of pharmacy and its contributions to society and represent the pharmacy profession to other health professions and the public.
- Promote the professional development of our faculty in teaching, research and other scholarly activities, and service.
- Practice continuous quality improvement through assessment and evaluation of desired outcomes in all phases of operations.
- Foster a learning environment that promotes critical thinking and is responsive to the diverse learning style of students.
- Sustain a culture of equity, respect, and understanding by recruiting faculty, staff and students who are diverse.
- Incorporate collegiality as a central value in relationships among and between faculty, students and other health professionals.
- Utilize informatics and technology as a means to advance pharmacy practice and improve health care outcomes.
- Instill a commitment to life-long learning, through participation in professional organizations, professional exchanges, publications, and professional development.
- Be recognized locally, nationally, and internationally for excellence in our endeavors.
Administration & Faculty 2 (Campus Map)
University Mailing Address: Touro University California, 1310 Club Drive, Mare Island (Vallejo), California 94592
Communities where our students reside
|American Canyon, California (8.1 miles)
|Benicia, California (11.8 miles)|
|Berkeley, California (25.4 miles)|
|Davis, California (46.9 miles)
|Cordelia, California (15.1 miles)|
|Crockett, California (8.8 miles)
|Dixon, California (39.4 miles)
|Fairfield, California (20.3 miles)|
|Mare Island, California
|Martinez, California (16.1 miles)
|Napa, California (17 miles)|
|Oakland, California (29.1 miles)
|Sacramento, California (60.2 miles)|
|San Francisco, California (35 miles)
|San Rafael, California (28.1 miles)
|Suisun, California (21 miles)
|Vacaville, California (27.9 miles)|
Student Performance Data & Accreditation (PDF)
Grievance Policy (PDF)
Touro University California does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, veteran status, or any other status characteristic protected by applicable laws in employment, or in admission, treatment or access to educational programs or activities.
To the extent provided by law, the university will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities which meet the legal standards for documentation, whenever the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform all essential functions of the position and meet the academic program technical standards.
This notice is given pursuant to the requirements of Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Clery Act of 1998. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. Please note that contact information listed here is for discrimination inquiries only. Please contact the Office of Admissions for admissions related inquiries.
Director of Human Resources and Title IX Coordinator
Dean of Student Affairs
Associate Dean of Student Affairs
"Touro University California College of Pharmacy PharmD 2+2 is a two year academic didactic and two year experiential rotation program. I have had the wonderful support of the program to grow from a pharmacy student to practitioner. The program has been amazing in supporting its students in all their endeavors, and many of the talented faculty have served as wonderful mentors. One of the highlights of the program is having experiential experiences intertwined throughout the curriculum and the two year rotation schedule. This allots students for additional preparation in clinical practice before transitioning into the career."
- Jasmine Reber, PharmD
Touro University California College of Pharmacy, Class of 2016
To request more information on our programs, click here
Touro University California College of Pharmacy Student Data
Student Performance Data & Accreditation Information17-Feb-2017
Click here for more College of Pharmacy news
Click here to access College of Pharmacy Student Resources (including calendars)
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.